Anne is an accomplished British actress based in the D.C. Metro area who specializes audio book narration. Anne trained as an R.N. & State Certified Midwife, and was an airline stewardess. After extensive acting training she made the leap to audiobook narration and has never looked back.
Anne is passionate about the stories she tells & has worked with most of the major publishers including Penguin Random House, Harper, Audible, Oasis Audio, Recorded Books, Brilliance, Blackstone, Dreamscape, Tantor, Listening Library, HighBridge, Christian Audio, Gildan, Graphic Audio, Listen And Live, and Zondervan.
She has over 600 audiobook titles to her credit & several major awards & distinctions, including:
5 Audie Nominations, American Libraries Special Services for Children Award, ALA Listen - Alike Award, 3 AudioFile Earphones Awards, 3 Library Journal Starred Audio Awards, an AudioFile "Best Audiobooks 2009 - Fiction" Library Journal "Top 40 Best Audiobooks 2009," National UK newspaper "The Independent" "The Churchills In Love and War" #2 position for "The Ten Best Audiobooks 2011" TIVA -DC Silver Peer Award, & a USA Today "Recommended Listening" Award.
Anne is an "audiobook accent specialist." Her parents came from the South of Ireland, and she grew up in the North of England. Accents include all British accents, Scottish, Irish-North & South, Welsh, Australian, New Zealand, South African, Standard & Southern American, German, French, Spanish, and Italian. Conversational in audiobook French.
News & Updates:
- Thrilled to announce the audiobook publication of "Sybille Bedford: A Life", a Biography, by Selina Hastings, for Penguin Random House Audio. "@AnneFlosnik met this awesome narration challenge with incredible grace and precious talent!". High praise from casting director, Linda Korn.
- Thank you AudioFile Magazine for the glowing review of GRAYSON SHERBROOKE'S OTHERWORLDLY ADVENTURES COLLECTION Books 1-3 by Catherine Coulter, a thrilling collection of Gothic Historical Romance Paranormal Mystery novellas.
- Lovely to be mentioned in June/July 2020 AudioFile Magazine article about audiobooks and literacy "Self - learning the Audiobook Way," with mention of my narration of "Stepping Stones:A Journey Through The Ice Age Caves Of The Dordogne," by Christine Desdemaines - Hugon, for Tantor Media.
- Thank you AudioFile Magazine for the lovely review for STEPPING STONES: A Journey Through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne, by Christine Desdemaines-Hugon for Tantor Audio. Thrilled to have the honor to narrate this mind-expanding book, describing the art made by our Cro Magnon ancestors. Ms. Desdemaine's writing is so vivid that you "see", "hear", and "feel" all the sights and sounds in the caves, and I found it to be an almost mystic experience describing them.
- Enjoyed a Zoom Conference with some CRW, Virginia Romance authors about audiobook creation, May 2020.
- Maryland Writers Association Annual Conference 2020 Audiobook Panelist March 29th (postponed)
- Organized Audio Publishers Association Fall Mini Social for DC-Metro area October 8th, 2019.
- Instructor re Audiobook related topics at SAG-AFTRA Conservatory Workshops since 2016.
- Library Journal Audio Review of "The Family Medici: The Hidden History Of The Medici Dynasty," by Mary Hollingsworth for Tantor Media, July 1, 2018: "Anne Flosnik brings her years of narrating experience to bear for the tour of Renaissance genealogy, moving effortlessly from one Medici to the next. The pacing is exceptional as Flosnik regales listeners with tales of one bad egg after another."
LJ Verdict: "An essential audio for fans of popular history."
- Sword of Forgiveness: Winds of Change, a Medieval Romance by Debbie Lynne Costello, now available on Audible.
- Library Journal's Starred Audio Review for Liz Trenow's The Forgotten Seamstress:"Like the exquisite quilt central to the story, two women’s lives are woven together in this beautifully written and narrated story that takes listeners away to England... Hauntingly beautiful, this story will stay with readers long after master narrator Anne Flosnik finishes this not-to-be-missed audiobook."
- Glowing AudioFile review for If Walls Could Talk by Lucy Worsley, companion to the popular BBC TV series.
Classic. Convincing. Collaborative.
*5 time Audie Finalist, SAG-AFTRA British/US Audiobook Narrator & Producer, Voice Artist, & Actress.
*WhisperRoom Home Studio in Washington DC Metro area, Pro Tools DAW, Microphone: AT 4047, dedicated iMac, punch and roll editing.
*Former Registered Nurse in Dublin, Ireland, and as a State-Certified Midwife in Manchester, England. Familiar with medical terminology & jargon.
*Excels with pronunciation of foreign words from many languages, e.g., French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Irish and Scots Gaelic.