- I'm an accomplished British actress based in the D.C. Metro area specializing in audio book narration. I trained as an R.N. & as a State Certified Midwife, and was also formerly an airline stewardess. After extensive acting training I made the leap to audiobook narration and have never looked back.
- I'm passionate about the stories I tell & have worked with most major publishers including Penguin Random House, Harper, Audible, Oasis Audio, Recorded Books, Brilliance, Blackstone, Dreamscape, Tantor, Listening Library, HighBridge, Christian Audio, Gildan, Graphic Audio, Listen And Live, & Zondervan.
- I have narrated over 600 audiobook titles, garnering several major awards & distinctions:
- 5 Audie Nominations, American Libraries Notable Children's Recordings Award, ALA Listen - Alike Award, 3 AudioFile Earphones Awards, 3 Library Journal Starred Audio Awards, an AudioFile "Best Audiobooks 2009 - Fiction" Library Journal "Top 40 Best Audiobooks 2009," National UK newspaper "The Independent" "The Churchills In Love and War" #2 position for "The Ten Best Audiobooks 2011" TIVA -DC Silver Peer Award, & a USA Today "Recommended Listening" Award.
- I'm an "audiobook accent specialist." My parents came from the South of Ireland, and I grew up in Newcastle Upon Tyne in the North East of England. Accents include all British accents, Scottish, Irish-North & South, Welsh, Australian, New Zealand, South African, Standard & Southern American, German, French & Italian. Proficient at narrating audiobook French.
News & Updates:
- Excited to have created the Narrator Uplift Room on Clubhouse 🎧🎤. Please check upcoming events for upcoming and previous conversations. Replays are ON for later listening. For more details, check out Narrator Uplift on my Clubhouse profile page.
- Presenter of Audiobook related topics at SAG-AFTRA Conservatory Workshops since 2016.
- Thrilled to announce the audiobook publication of "Sybille Bedford: A Life", a Biography, by Selina Hastings, for Penguin Random House Audio. "@AnneFlosnik met this awesome narration challenge with incredible grace and precious talent!". High praise from PRH casting director, Linda Korn.
- Thank you AudioFile Magazine for the glowing review of GRAYSON SHERBROOKE'S OTHERWORLDLY ADVENTURES COLLECTION Books 1-3 by Catherine Coulter, a thrilling collection of Gothic Historical Romance Paranormal Mystery novellas.
- Lovely to be mentioned in June/July 2020 AudioFile Magazine article about audiobooks and literacy "Self - learning the Audiobook Way," with mention of my narration of "Stepping Stones:A Journey Through The Ice Age Caves Of The Dordogne," by Christine Desdemaines - Hugon, for Tantor Media.
- Thank you AudioFile Magazine for the lovely review for STEPPING STONES: A Journey Through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne, by Christine Desdemaines-Hugon for Tantor Audio. Thrilled to have the honor to narrate this mind-expanding book, describing the art made by our Cro Magnon ancestors. Ms. Desdemaine's writing is so vivid that you "see", "hear", and "feel" all the sights and sounds in the caves, and I found it to be an almost mystic experience describing them.
- Enjoyed a Zoom Conference with some CRW, Virginia Romance authors about audiobook creation, May 2020.
- Organized Audio Publishers Association Fall Mini Social for DC-Metro area October 8th, 2019.
- Instructor re Audiobook related topics at SAG-AFTRA Conservatory Workshops since 2016.
- Library Journal Audio Review of "The Family Medici: The Hidden History Of The Medici Dynasty," by Mary Hollingsworth for Tantor Media, July 1, 2018: "Anne Flosnik brings her years of narrating experience to bear for the tour of Renaissance genealogy, moving effortlessly from one Medici to the next. The pacing is exceptional as Flosnik regales listeners with tales of one bad egg after another."
LJ Verdict: "An essential audio for fans of popular history."
- Sword of Forgiveness: Winds of Change, a Medieval Romance by Debbie Lynne Costello, now available on Audible.
- Library Journal's Starred Audio Review for Liz Trenow's The Forgotten Seamstress:"Like the exquisite quilt central to the story, two women’s lives are woven together in this beautifully written and narrated story that takes listeners away to England... Hauntingly beautiful, this story will stay with readers long after master narrator Anne Flosnik finishes this not-to-be-missed audiobook."
*5 time Audie Finalist, SAG-AFTRA British/US
Audiobook Narrator & Producer, Voice Artist, Actress, Creator & Host of Narrator Upflift Room on Clubhouse.
CONTACT ME ABOUT YOUR PROJECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Setup: Scott Peterson VO Home Studio Booth, Pro Tools DAW, Microphone: AT 4047, studio iMac, punch & roll editing.
- Former Registered Nurse trained in Dublin, Ireland, and as a State-Certified Midwife in Manchester, England. Familiar with medical terminology & jargon.
- Library of Congress trained &highly experienced with research & pronunciation of foreign words from many languages, e.g., French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Irish and Scots Gaelic.